World’s Smallest Radio

From the NSF website: the world’s smallest radio is a carbon nanotube! Broadcast entertainment has been slow to catch the digital wave, but innovations like this may just re-awaken the art. I’m not going to provide details… read it for yourself. On another note, it’s been a good month since my last post and I’ve just about caught my breath! Lots more nifty stuff to report on, so stay tuned!

One response

1. I have heard about nanotechnology and speakers like Ian Jukes proclaim how it is going to change everything, but I feel like I’m still waiting to see the changes. I think it was Ray Kurzweil who said in his Feb 2005 TED Talk that nano technology is going to make solar energy panels finally affordable, and revolutionize global energy relationships. I hope he’s right, but I still wonder how long we’ll wait….

This small radio looks cool, and if it can receive AM and FM spectrum radio, I would think it would be possible for something like this to receive other signals, like wifi signals for computer data streams. Things like this make me really shake my head at the speed of change and dynamic era we’re living in. I’m glad the K-20 Center and many others in our state are working toward the goal of building professional learning communities which can support learners of all ages amidst such disruptive changes. 🙂